Preventive Dental Care at McKee Dental Associates in Matthews
Our whole team believes that preventing dental disease is one of the most important parts of our job. As a Matthews dental office centered on the prevention of disease, our priority is to make sure that your teeth and gums stay healthy and pain-free. We also want to make sure that the investment you have made in your smile lasts as long as possible.
If you are looking for a dentist, North Carolina for you or your family, give us a call at (704)-708-4402.
Taking Care of Your Smile
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth. If your dexterity is limited or you have difficulty, try a sonic or powered toothbrush and let it do the work for you.
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. Decay–causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- For patients with a lot of crowns and bridges, we often recommend a waterpik to flush debris from underneath these restorations.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. Remember that complex carbs like pasta or rice will turn to sugar in the mouth. Once a sugar, they are no different than candy and sweets.
- Visit us regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams. We will prescribe a regimen customized just for you!