Costmetic Dental Bonding, McKee Dental Associates, Matthews, NC and SouthPark
Dental Bonding, sometimes called composite or direct resin is a quick and simple way to repair small to medium-sized fractures or mask small discolorations on front teeth.
Chipped, discolored, or gapped teeth can be embarrassing and can affect your self-esteem and confidence. Relatively inexpensive and conservative, bonding uses a tooth-colored composite material to restore teeth and enhance smiles.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered:
- to repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- to repair chipped or cracked teeth
- to improve the appearance of discolored teeth to close spaces between teeth
- to make teeth look longer
- to change the shape of teeth
- as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- to protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede.
There are many different types of the composite which all have different properties. Some are very strong but look opaque and are more suitable for back teeth. Others have very nice transparency and surface shine. These blend well in front teeth but some are not strong enough for use in the back teeth or for large stress-bearing restorations. We keep several types on hand including the latest nanohybrids which combine high strength with good looks.
Typically, bonding will last 3-7 years before it will need to be either repaired, refaced, or completely replaced. Though many times it can last longer, wear on the surface of the filling will cause its appearance to both dull and take up the stain.
Take a look at some of the cases in our portfolio. If you would like to see if we can help you, give us a call at 704-708-4402 to set up your complimentary consultation.