Cosmetic Dentistry in Matthews, NC
Is it Esthetics or Aesthetics when it comes to your teeth? Well its actually the same thing – it just depends which side of the pond you are from!
Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to improve your self confidence and help you make a good impression. It can be as simple as making your teeth more attractive with tooth whitening and minor reshaping or it can be as complicated as as a full set of ceramic veneers and crowns or cosmetic orthodontics like esthetibraces 6-month clear braces. At McKee Dental we have years of experience rebuilding smiles. We use state of the art techniques in the most conservative way possible and our labs use the best materials available.
Give us a call at 704-708-4402 to set up a complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation. We would love to hear about your “dream smile” and have the opportunity to give you some suggestions on how you can best get there. There is never any obligation or sales pressure. We feel that once you meet us and see the successes of our past work, the possibilities will speak for themselves.
Subjective Cosmetic Smile Evaluation
Ask yourself some of these questions below to see how your smile might be affecting your self image.
- Do you love the appearance of your teeth and smile?
- Do you ever turn your face when smiling or hold your hand up in front of your mouth when talking to others?
- Have you ever found yourself looking at models or other people with beautiful smiles and wishing you had a similar smile?
- Have you figured out a way to use your lips to cover any aspect of your smile?
- Are you embarrassed to visit a dentist due to the condition of your teeth or the length of time since your last visit to a dentist?
- Does your smile make you feel confident?
- Do you shy away from showing a full smile in front of other people, especially strangers?
- When taking pictures, do you tend to smile with your lips closed instead of flashing a happy smile?
- Have you ever held back a laugh because you felt uncomfortable about your smile?
- How would a beautiful new smile make you feel?
Objective Cosmetic Smile Evaluation
For the objective analysis, stand in front of a mirror mounted on a wall. Now, smile at yourself using your “normal” smile. Next, look at the mirror and think of a hilarious moment in your life and give a big, laughing smile. This big smile is probably a much larger smile than you feel comfortable using much of the time if you are not happy with your teeth. When your smile is improved, however, your big smile appears much more spontaneously because you look (and feel) great! So let’s figure out what’s holding your big smile back — what it is that bothers you about your teeth.
- Are all of your teeth brilliant white or are they somewhat yellow, dark, or stained?
- Are there spaces between any of your teeth?
- Are you missing any of your teeth?
- Do you have teeth that are crooked, uneven, or out of line?
- Do the biting edges of your upper teeth follow the curvature of your upper lip?
- Do any of your teeth appear short and fat or too small or too large?
- Are the edges of any of your teeth even with the rest of your teeth or are they too long or too short?
- Do your teeth (as a group) slant one way or another?
- Is the midline of your two front teeth centered with your face and nose?
- Are the edges of your canine teeth too long, sharp, or look out of line?
- Do you grind your teeth or are any of the biting edges on your teeth chipped or worn down?
- Do you have a “gummy” smile — showing too much gum tissue or having gums that are too thick?
- Are your gums even and in line and symmetrical or irregularly shaped — higher on some teeth and lower on others?
- Have your gums receded or do they appear red or puffy?
- Do you have any gray, black or silver (mercury) dental fillings in your teeth?
- Do you have any old crowns that have dark edges at the top or that don’t really look natural?
If you answered yes to ANY of the above questions, we can help give you a better, more beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry.